[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Planeta Forum • View topic - Introductions

Introductions

Dialogue on improving best practices and creating effective partnerships

Moderators: chantal.robichaud, oliver

Postby chantal.robichaud » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:37 am

Hi!

My name is Chantal Robichaud (chantal.robichaud@cbd.int), I recently and enthusiastically joined the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity, where I work as a Programme Assistant to the Social, Economic and Legal Matters Division mainly on issues related to Sustainable Tourism. I previously worked as a United Nations Volunteer within the governance unit of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Tunisia and as a research assistant at the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD). This forum is an excellent opportunity for me to learn more about tourism and protected areas and to get to know a large and dynamic community of people who are committed to protecting biodiversity by working together. I am looking forward to receiving your inputs and working with you on this important initiative.
chantal.robichaud
Traveler

Postby Ecocolors » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:21 pm

This is kenneth Johnson from Cancun, Mexico. I am a marine Biologist with a Masters in Business administration. I founded ecoColors more than 10 years ago and well we have been offering unique experiences to our travelers and customers promoting conservation and benefiting local comunities at the same time. We believe we have great quality product even though our usual struggle is marketing ( geting enough business to really be profitable and be able to contribute more time and money to conservation ).
Also since 2 years ago I been working with CORAL and NGO who dedicates to protect the reefs. We have been running a very interesting project in the Mesoamerican reef geting tour operators to adopt starnadrs and good practices in their operations. Obviously our company has adopted this standards.
So far working directly in Siankaan, Yum balam, Contoy, Calakmul, Rio Lagartos.
Look forward to a great and productive communication process
Ecocolors
Traveler

Postby zoltkun » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:18 am

Hello, my name is Zoltan Kun, director of PAN Parks Foundation. my background is forestry and landscape architecture including landscape planning and protection. At present I work on measuring management effectiveness of protected areas and linking conservation to tourism.
zoltkun
Traveler

Introduction

Postby Marc Trinks » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:51 am

Hi,

My name is Marc Trinks and I
Marc Trinks
Traveler

Return to Linking Tourism and Protected Areas