ECOCLUB: Conversation with Antonis B. Petropoulos

Current conversations
planeta
Site Admin

Web Tools

Post by planeta »

My questions for you -- how do you see the development of Web 2.0? Is ECOCLUB using Google Earth and other new web tools? Do you have any new features which will be launched in the coming year?

Antonis
Traveler

Post by Antonis »

Web 2.0 ? I maintain an eclectic / critical attitude. Web 1.0 still has a lot to offer, for example there are wonderful forums like the planeta one, much more useful and unifying than some of the confusing, opaque, fractionating and over-individualistic tools peddled in the context of Web 2.0.

When it comes to things such as maps, yes, I very much welcome the various competing services - there are over a dozen besides the one you mentioned.

But I caution everyone not to be overjealous with placing all their life, friends, business associates and secrets online, big brother 2.0 (not to mention marketeers) is watching you!

We always examine new features and possibilities but in this competitive era we prefer to announce them after they have been successfully tested and applied :)

But our focus these days is on Ecotourism 2.0, rather than Web 2.0. The Web is just a tool. I want to point towards Ecological Tourism, and I do not want people to look at my finger.

planeta
Site Admin

Ecotourism 2.0

Post by planeta »

Thanks, Antonis. Can you expound on where you believe ecotourism 2.0 is heading?

Also, what recommendations would you offer eco travelers visiting Greece?

planeta
Site Admin

editing ...

Post by planeta »

Many thanks! I am editing the conversation and posting it online
http://www.planeta.com/ecotravel/weavin ... oulos.html