Introductions

Spotlight on responsible tourism initiatives and resources
balamku
Traveler

introduction

Post by balamku »

Hello from Carol , owner of Balamku Inn on the Beach, in Mahahual, Costa Maya, Mexico. Our Inn is known for it

MHUAYNALAYA
Traveler

Introducing Marisa Huaynalaya

Post by MHUAYNALAYA »

Hi everyone,

This is Marisa from Peru working nowadays in Spain. I have been in Majorca island three years ago now.
I am currently working on a Tourism Destinations consultancy company, and trying to create a Fair Tourism Network in Latin America as part of our Social Responsibility Actions.
Only tourism SMEs are allowed by now and we are very happy to count with partners in Argentina, Chile, Spain, Peru and Brazil.

Maybe some of you would be interested. The project is on the web: www.sab-web.com

Keep participating!

Marisa Huaynalaya
Tourism Project Manager
SAB

xfont
Traveler

Introductions

Post by xfont »

My name is Xavier Font, lecturer in Leeds Metropolitan University. I have researched tourism certification, and more recently moved on to broader tourism projects including some work we are currently doing in Laos and Nepal training incoming tour operators in sustainability practices, including marketing. My interest is in looking for market-based mechanisms to promote sustainable change, and as such as I have an interest in ethical travel as part of consumer behaviour.

www.leedstourismgroup.com