Marketing and Market Development

Member dialogue
febo
Traveler

Questions about web marketing

Post by febo »

I am trying to find out if ecotourism web masters are now the equivalence to those nice hostess you find at the hotels entrance giving the tourist certain confidence, like telling them that right at that place where they have just arrived are people can understand them.

What are the requirements to have a successfully internet marketing whether you are a consultant or an operator?

Is it better to have some one full time doing so?

Is there a tendency having better results if he or she is an American, European or at least an English native speaker?

Which are the best sites that reveal a good internet marketing?

I would like to receive opinions about our site: www.balam.org.mx

Gracias
Antonio Suarez

planeta
Site Admin

Southern Queensland Wildlife Trail

Post by planeta »

As a reference for the Developing Infrastructure and Marketing, consult the Southern Queensland Wildlife Trail topic
http://forum.planeta.com/viewtopic.php?t=409

A co-operative venture between 20 operators in the region, the Southern Queensland Wildlife Trail showcases wildlife tourism experiences easily reached from major cities in the region. Wildlife Tourism Australia produced a map and website.

REFERENCE

Australia, New Zealand and Pacific Islands
http://forum.planeta.com/viewforum.php?f=6

Aivar_Ruukel
Traveler

business alliances

Post by Aivar_Ruukel »

I believe very much in "horizontal" business alliances, creation of joint-products and making joint-marketing efforts.

One critical task seems to be, how to organize reservation procedures?
One of the partners in such alliance should take the role of reservation office... What is your experience?

Another opportunity is to use the existing online- reservation systems, on of them focusing on independent travellers is www.backpackertours.com .
I am just starting to use this kind of channels, have uploaded first products few weeks ago, and of course there are not yet real results. Does anyone have longer experience with similar web-sites?

Aivar Ruukel
www.soomaa.com

George Duffy
Traveler

Market Development

Post by George Duffy »

Something I think that could be useful is a B to B site made up of qualified partners who share common market interests.

I have a website domain and just a construction site at the moment called www.tourworld.ca

The concept I have is to create a connection point between the travel trade and inbound tour operators in a host of countries and regions. Jeremy, this could also go to the marketing of tour guides as we have been talking about on the Interpretation forum.

The site would be like a switchboard for travel agents and outbound operators to source local expertise when working on tour quotes and developing programs.

The idea is not to create an exhaustive index, but a limited and select group of professional inbound services that want to target this market. In addition to the website would be all the other tools we have available to reach the target market.

Any feedback on this?[/url]

Richard Edwards
Traveler

Post by Richard Edwards »

Paul,
Thank you for representing the academic sector. I very much believe that university programs in ecotourism would benefit greatly from more

Mary Finn
Traveler

On guerrilla marketing, backpackers and volunteers for CBEs

Post by Mary Finn »

Hello Everone,

My apologies for late (cross) posting on this very important topic. I just wanted to share some experiences and thoughts on possible

Richard Edwards
Traveler

Weekly Summary

We began our week with Peter straightening those of us out who think that certification is not an attractive value proposition for clients/travelers. He has had a good experience with the Swedish government and non-profit sectors assisting in making the Nature

Richard Edwards
Traveler

Rebeca,

I

Richard Edwards
Traveler

George,

I may have to agree to disagree with you and Oliver on the importance of the Internet, though I will try to post some thoughts one more time in favor of my views this week- because I can be stubborn.

Just top clarify on the 25%. That is a very fair commission rate for wholesalers on individual reservations as they come in. What I was understanding from Verena is that there was a possible deal in the works to be handing over 25% of gross income overall to have a company be in charge of your marketing. That would be too much.